The woman who heads out on a long tour in alpine terrain is the very woman who puts a lot of emphasis on fit and the highest comfort. Those very features are what are offered in the reliable and fully equipped trekking boot LADY III GTX®, which is built on a special women’s last. This is one long-wearing boot with its upper of strong 2.1 mm nubuck leather in a traditional one-piece construction and a completely wrap-around rubber rand for durable protection. The edges of the upper emphasis fit with the newest construction methods that increase comfort. The LOWA “X-Lacing“ system keeps the “C4 Balance” tongue in the right place. A smoothly operating lacing system allows perfect individualisation of fit, and the waterproof GORE-TEX® lining offers good temperature regulation. The detailed women’s-specific midsole construction increases stability and comfort, whilst the tread profile of the Vibram® outsole “Natural” optimises support. An ideal roll-through is encouraged with a special lug design.
Sole: Vibram Natural, Resolable
Sizes: 3.5 - 9
Vibram Natural Sole:
- Moderately lugged, trekking-oriented tread profile
- Pronounced heel brake and front profile for best uphill and downhill traction
- Very good grip on diverse terrain
A two-layer lining material is bonded to the GORE-TEX® membrane to create the GORE-TEX® Footwear System which keeps the footwear waterproof yet still breathable. It prevents water from seeping into the footwear, but still lets your foot “breathe” and creates an ideally temperature-regulated environment in the shoe. This, too, even in the cold, in the snow and in the most adverse weather conditions.
A full-grain leather that has been sanded lightly for texture. This leather has a velvety appearance. Nubuck can be oiled or waxed, or even left in a natural state, depending on the desired look.
The four main features of the C4 Tongue increase walking comfort noticeably:
- Asymmetrical padding (thicker towards the outside of the foot)
- Recessed ankle areas (inside higher than the outside)
- Flexible curved insert towards the inside of the foot
- Soft edging on the upper end
- Fixation of the tongue in vertical and horizontal axis, avoids blisters and pressure marks
- Independent from instep height
- Pressure distribution throughout tongue
- Simple handling with lacing instructions on the tongue