The perfect, all-around, next generation mountaineering boot for difficult alpine terrain and mixed routes – and built on a special women’s last! Suitable for everything from alpine climbing and via ferratas to classic mountain expeditions. Durability and a light weight are well balanced with upper flexibility. Uppers are made of durable 2.4 mm suede leather, and the LOWA “FlexFit-3D” system supports the natural motion of the ankle. Achieve optimal fit with the proprietary Lace Loop technology with freely moving lace hooks at the ankle, all integrated into a two-zone lacing system. The waterproof GORE-TEX® lining provides optimal comfort, whilst the 200 gm Primaloft® insulation keeps feet warm. The proven Vibram® rubber outsole “Dolent” shaves weight and offers the most secure traction and edging.This style is step-in crampon-compatible
Lining: GORE-TEX footwear, Primaloft 200g
Sole: Vibram "Dolent"
Weight: 1760g/Pair size 8
Sizes: 6 - 13
Vibram Dolent Sole:
- Alpine tread design
- High edging strability for optimally precise footing
- Self-cleaning tread profile
A two-layer lining material is bonded to the GORE-TEX® membrane to create the GORE-TEX® Footwear System which keeps the footwear waterproof yet still breathable. It prevents water from seeping into the footwear, but still lets your foot “breathe” and creates an ideally temperature-regulated environment in the shoe. This, too, even in the cold, in the snow and in the most adverse weather conditions.
A new, patented and exclusive LOWA clamp hook makes fixing the two-zone lacing extremely comfortable. The lacing fixes the instep of the foot with only one pull. At the same time the lace is blocked to allow for comfortably inserting the water blocking tongue. Pushing the hook clip upwards easily releases the clamping to loosen the instep lacing. = guarantees perfect lacing comfort.
- Fixation of the tongue in vertical and horizontal axis, avoids blisters and pressure marks
- Independent from instep height
- Pressure distribution throughout tongue
- Simple handling with lacing instructions on the tongue
The four main features of the C4 Tongue increase walking comfort noticeably:
- Asymmetrical padding (thicker towards the outside of the foot)
- Recessed ankle areas (inside higher than the outside)
- Flexible curved insert towards the inside of the foot
- Soft edging on the upper end